Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Concert ticket scam - Ticket Master and Justin Bieber

I've never been a huge fan of concerts. I always said buying the album was cheaper and I'll have it forever.

However over the years my attitude has changed a tad. I don't mind spending money to see a live show once in a while or taking my wife or kids to a concert that they will likely remember long into their life.

Anyway A while back Selena Gomez was coming to Hamilton's cops Coliseum. My daughter wanted to go so I thought, why not.
The ticket sales opened at 10am on a certain day (I may have the time wrong) and I was on the ticketmaster site right on that time.   By 10 seconds after 10 I was starting to purchase tickets and by 4 minutes after 10 the site was telling me there were no cheap tickets left. By 10 after it was telling me there was no tickets at all. WTF. How can this be?!!!!

So not to disappoint, I go on a resale site and pay 3 times the cost. Since she cant go alone I buy 2 so it really costs me 6 times the cost of a cheap ticket. Oh well its a once in a life time thing I think.

Luckily (major sarcasm) for us, in December Justin Bieber is coming to Toronto. So here we are again June 1 2012 and tickets are on sale at noon. By 12:02 this site is telling me what I suspected it will. Sold out. Again, WFT.

I'm all for capitalism until something better comes along, but holey crap. Is this why some 18 year old pop star can be worth millions? Everybody involved in these things is sticking it to the average guy. You have no chance to buy tickets fairly for a big event and it costs you a ton of dough to get them off someone else after the fact.

To add insult to injury, after I'm told they are sold out, I can go to another section on the same Ticketmaster site and participate in a fricking auction to buy the same tickets that were just sold out. Look at the "time remaining". This was 5 minutes after the tickets went on sale to the general public.


All I can say is: Justin Bieber you should be ashamed. Likely 90% of your actual fans (young girls) cant even afford to see you live due to this sort of crap going on. You and your manager "Scooter" Braun  can stick that Fisker Karma luxury all-electric car, Ellen presented you with, valued at more than $100,000, where the sun don't shine.



But on top of that Ticketmaster, you suck.

Oh and so do you Rogers center for allowing this to happen.

Blah

Other sites about ticket master:
http://amplicate.com/hate/ticketmaster
http://trashcity.org/content/why-ticketmaster-sucks/
 

.

2 comments:

  1. Not that I am a fan of Bieber, but it 'aint his fault. It's the ticketing agencies that are the crooks. Don't shoot the messenger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the whole system. He's part of it.

    ReplyDelete